Eligibility Requirements for Missouri Home Study Services
Nightlight® Christian Adoptions is licensed by the California Department of Social Services to select suitable families for children needing adoption. The selection of adoptive parents is based on their eligibility to meet state and agency requirements, foreign country requirements (if applicable), their capacity for adoptive parenthood, and the availability of children whose needs they can meet.
HOME STUDY SERVICES
GETTING STARTED CHECKLIST
We would love to see you at one of our free information seminars! These seminars are an excellent way to have your preliminary questions answered, get to know the Nightlight staff and meet other families beginning the adoption process. Seminars are held every 2-3 months. Visit our Adoption Seminar Page or call the office for more information and to RSVP for an upcoming seminar. You can also call to speak with one of our experienced staff members to get more information about any of our adoption programs or about our home study process.
How do we get started?
- Fill out an online Application – This is the first step in the process. All prospective adoptive parents considering a home study with Nightlight need to complete this online application. If you have questions or concerns, please call or email our office. Upon completion of your application, we will review it and contact you. Once we contact you and you wish to proceed in the home study process with Nightlight, please follow step 2.
- Sign the Agreement Form that will be emailed to you once your application has been approved. Mail it to our office along with the Initial Home Study Phase fee.
- Once we receive the Agreement Form and check, we will walk you through the process of completing your home study. We will be there to support you through the paperwork, education, and social work visits.
* If you would like additional information about Nightlight’s home study services or answers to some of our most frequently asked questions before you complete an online application, please download our Domestic Booklet.
* If you have questions or concerns after reading through the information packet, please call our Missouri office at (636) 797-4100, and we would love to answer your questions! You can contact Mariah Bundrick, our Missouri Executive Director, by phone at the number above or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.