Snowflakes Family Evaluation / Home Study
Why do you need a family evaluation/home study?
Every adoption requires a family evaluation/home study.
At Snowflakes we follow the best practices of adoption and therefore we require an adoption family evaluation/home study be completed by the adopting family. We believe the donor, adopter and children will benefit and are protected by the family evaluation/home study process. After all, children are adopted, not donated.
A family evaluation/home study consists of educational components, along with personal meetings with an agency professional and various background checks. A family evaluation/home study usually takes about 2-3 months to complete. Adopting families receive the education necessary for success in raising adopted children and communicating their child’s unique snowflake baby adoption journey in an appropriate and loving manner.
Placing families have confidence that the adopting family has been appropriately evaluated and is a safe and loving family, a family willing to attempt to give life to each embryo placed into their care.
The cost for an adoption home study/family evaluation ranges from $2,000 to $3,500 depending on the agency you choose to provide you with services.
Snowflakes Family Evaluation (a.k.a. home study)
- Offered in all states and internationally
- Highly recommended because it will be completed by a knowledgeable Nightlight team member
- Home visit and communication by phone, email and Skype
Adoption Agency of your choice
- Snowflakes has an available list of non-Nightlight home study providers for families who desire a regular domestic home study and do not reside in a state with a Nightlight office location.
- All new Snowflakes adopting families should speak with the Snowflakes Inquiry Specialist regarding the Snowflakes Family Evaluation program
Other resources to help you learn more about this unique adoption choice which allows you to give birth to your adopted child!
READY TO GET STARTED? Use one of our three contact methods below to connect with us.