Taiwan is a beautiful tropical country that borders East China Sea, Philippine Sea, South China Sea and Taiwan Strait. The larger part of the island’s inhabitants are the descendants of immigrants from the various provinces of mainland China, but in particular from the southeastern coastal provinces of Fujian and Guangdong. Because the different ethnic groups have fairly well integrated together, differences that originally existed between people from different provinces have gradually disappeared. About 360,000 indigenous people, the original inhabitants of Taiwan, still live here. The official language of Taiwan is Mandarin Chinese (or Guoyu), other major dialects like Minnanese (or Holo) and Hakka are also widely spoken. When you visit Taiwan, you will most certainly be amazed at the diversity of things this beautiful island has to offer, as a rich historical background has provided Taiwan with a multifaceted culture. The capital of Taiwan is Taipei. Taiwan is not a party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention). However, intercountry adoption process between Taiwan and the United States reflect the requirements of the Convention very closely.
Adoptions from Taiwan are conducted through a collaborative effort of a Hague accredited adoption agency in the US, the Taiwanese Central Adoption Authority (Taiwan Child Welfare Bureau) and Chung Yi Social Welfare Foundation (a licensed adoption agency in Taiwan).
- Both boys and girls are available for adoption.
- Children as young as 2 years and as old as fifteen are available for adoption. (wait time for a referral of a child under 5 years old can be up to 3 years.)
- Sibling groups are available.
- Children with Special Needs are available for adoption.
- Waiting children are always available
ELIGIBILITY TO ADOPT
- Make application to Nightlight Christian Adoptions.
- Begin your adoption Home Study and submit form I-600A to CIS.
- Begin to assemble your Initial dossier. We will give you detailed instructions.
- Once USCIS has approved your adoption petition, you will receive your I-797C pre-approval notice.
- Once your Initial dossier has been received, you will be registered to adopt in Taiwan.
- The Chung Yi Welfare Foundation will add you to a list of waiting families and it can take up to 36 months to receive a referral.
- Upon referral acceptance, Chung Yi will furnish necessary documents to Nightlight for filing I-600 petition.
- Nightlight will help you file I-600 form for the PAIR process with USCIS.
- Upon receipt of your approved I-600 form, Chung Yi will start court processing in Taiwan.
- Upon the receipt of final ruling, you will be scheduled to travel to Taiwan to complete your adoption process.
- The final step is to obtain the US visa for your child and returning home. Most families will stay in Taiwan for 5-7 days for theadoption process to be completed.
- The children reside in orphanages/foster families while awaiting adoption.
- Taiwan adoptions can take on average from 24 to 48 months to complete.
Please contact Kate Feeback at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-663-6799 with any questions.
Visit our Waiting Children Page
Start Your Adoption Inquiry Today
Taiwan Adoption Program Details:
- Program cost will range from $33,230- $37,090
- Children will be 5 years of age or older
- Parents applying for the program must be Under 55 years old
- Referral time for the Taiwan program is typically 24 months
More Information on Taiwan Adoptions