Interested in Being Assigned SFE Clients? Complete the following training:
The following are the educational requirements that all families adopting through the Snowflakes program will complete. Since you will be discussing adoption preparation and training with them, it is important that you are familiar with the material as well. Links to all of the documents and webinars are provided below. SFE’s will not be assigned to workers who haven’t completed the training.
You will also need to review and understand the SFE Process document which is located on Nightlight Share Point in the Snowflakes Family Evaluation Folder. Other important SFE supporting documentation is also located in this folder for use by Social Workers. This is where the most current version of documentation regarding SFEs is maintained.
Read all the materials in the compendium below:
- Embryo Adoption: The Affordable and Accessible Adoption Choice
- Embryo Quality and Cryopreservation
- Fearful to Fearless:Understanding the Benefits of Open Adoption
- How Do We Tell the Kids?
Your embryo adopting clients are required to select, view and report on their findings from the following list of webinars. It is recommended you watch ALL of them.
- Grieving the Loss of a Genetic Child
- Let’s Talk About It: Explaining Embryo Adoption to the Unfamiliar [Part I]
- Let’s Talk About It: Explaining Embryo Adoption to Close Family and Friends [Part 2]
- Medicine and the Donor Child
- Creating a Lifebook: Telling Your Child’s Unique Story
- Maintaining Privacy while Honoring your Adopted Child’s Origins
- 9 Steps to Long Term Success in Parenting Through Embryo Adoption
- Questions without Answers: Considering Anonymous Donors
Snowflakes Eight Week Program Training
Eight, 1/2 hour internal training sessions for ALL Nightlight staff
Snowflakes: The Basics
Snowflakes: Who Qualifies?
Snowflakes: Where Can You Get Embryos?
Snowflakes: Placing Parents
Snowflakes: The Home Study
Snowflakes: The Medical Requirements
Snowflakes: The Legal Side