- Boys and girls
- Children as young as nine years old
- Sibling groups of three or more
- Children with Special Needs
ELIGIBILITY TO ADOPT
- Married couples and single women
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age
- At least 18 years age difference between prospective adoptive parents and the adopted child.
- Complete our online application
- Begin your Home Study and submit an I-800A form to USCIS
- After your Home Study is complete, begin to work on the additional documents needed for your Dossier.
- After completing your dossier, we will send it to Latvia and you will receive a referral of a child. The referral will include the child’s background and other information to help you decide if it is a good match for your family.
- If you decide it is a good match you will begin your travels to Latvia. During this time, the Orphan’s court determines if it will give you permission to continue your pre-adoption care of the child in the U.S. If the court grants permission, you can take the child home on a tourist visa.
- We will instruct you in filing to I-800 with Immigration and you will receive a provisional approval to adopt your child.
- After the approval from Immigration, one parent travels back to Latvia to complete the adoption. There is a 20-day period after your court hearing that the adoption decree is then produced and another two-three weeks to prepare all the proper paperwork.
- The paperwork process can take up to 6-8 weeks to complete, the parent and child must then return to Latvia to file the child’s adoption paperwork at the U.S. Embassy and obtain the child’s U.S. Immigrant visa.
- Once you arrive home, you will notify Nightlight.
- Three trips are required to Latvia in the adoption process.
- The first trip both parents need to come as it is when you will meet your child. This trip will be about 3-5 weeks to develop a bond between you and your child.
- The second trip is for the court hearing to complete the adoption. Only one parent needs to come (unless your child is 12 or older). This will be a quick trip and then there will be approximately 30 days for the court papers to be processed.
- The final trip is to file your child’s adoption paperwork at the U.S. Embassy and to obtain the child’s U.S. Immigrant visa. Upon arriving back in the U.S. your child will automatically be a U.S. citizen. A few weeks after arriving home, your child will receive a Certificate of Citizenship.
The program fee for an Latvia adoption is $16,500. Additional estimated expenses of $13,195 – $15,395 will bring the total cost to approximately $29,695 – $31,895 .Your out-of-pocket expenses may further be reduced if you receive scholarships or employer-provided adoption benefits. Exhibit A of our contract lists all fees and estimated costs for the Albania program. Please call (970-663-6799) or e-mail Liana Stoddart, email@example.com, with any questions.
Visit our Waiting Children Page
Start Your Adoption Inquiry Today
Latvia Adoption Program Details:
- Program cost will range from $29,695 – $31,895
- Children will be 9 years of age or older
- Parents applying for the program must be at least 25 years old, and at least 18 years older than the child they are adopting.
More Information on Latvia Adoptions
Families that have adopted through the Latvia Adoption Program.