Haiti is party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention). Therefore, all intercountry adoptions between Haiti and the United States must meet the requirements of the Convention and U.S. law implementing the Convention. Haitian adoptions are conducted through a collaborative effort of a Hague accredited adoption agency in the U.S. and by the Haitian Central Adoption Authority (IBESR).
Infants and older children are available for adoption from Haiti. Sibling groups and children with special needs are also available
ELIGIBILITY TO ADOPT
• Single women are accepted into the program.
• A couple has to be married for at least 5 years.
1. Make application to Nightlight Christian Adoptions.
2. Begin your adoption homestudy and submit form I-800A to USCIS.
3. Begin to assemble your dossier. We will give you detailed instructions.
4. Once USCIS has approved your adoption homestudy, you will receive your I-797C pre-approval notice.
5. Once your USCIS approval has been received your dossier is complete, you will be registered to adopt in Haiti.
6. The Haitian Central Authority will add you to a list of waiting families and it can take 12 to 18 months to receive a referral.
7. Upon referral acceptance, you will travel to Haiti for a 15 day bonding trip.
8. Upon return to the US, you will file your I-800 application.
9. Once you receive your I-800 provisional approval, your dossier goes to court for the adoption.
10. Once you have received the court decree, the attorney will obtain a new birth certificate and passport for your child.
11. The final step is to obtain the US visa for your child. Once the visa is printed, you go to Haiti for the second required trip of 6 days and then return home with your child.
12. The children reside in orphanages while awaiting adoption.
13. Haiti adoptions can take on average from 24 to 36 months to complete.
Visit our Waiting Children Page
Start Your Adoption Inquiry Today
Haiti Adoption Program Details:
- Program Cost will range from $32,275 – $39,475
- Children available will be infants and older children
- At least one adoptive parent must be over 30 years of age.
- Only 2 trips to Haiti are required