Haiti adoption is a wonderful option in international adoption. The fees for Haiti adoption are reasonable, there are younger children available, travel is less expensive, and we estimate that the adoption process with take about 24-36 months from application to completion, depending on the type and age of child you are seeking. Your wait time will likely be at the shorter end of this range if you are open to a special needs or older child.
Staying on top of the regulations and changes in Haiti adoptions requires taking an active role in the crèches that we are working with. We have regular contact with the directors of crèches we work with. Nightlight is committed to helping families prepare for the adoption of children from Haiti. Our pre-adoption education requirements will help prepare you by providing information about developmental delays, attachment, grief and loss, and health issues. Because of the nature of children in need of adoption from Haiti, you will be learning about the adoption of children from six months of age to fifteen years old and/or children with special needs – and the resources you possess to parent such children.
- The age difference between adoptive parents and a child should not be more than 45 years. This requirement can be more flexible with families adopting school-age children and children with special needs.
- At least one parent has to be over 30 years of age.
- Single women are accepted into the program.
- A couple has to be married for at least 5 years
The program fee for a Haiti adoption is $24,000. Additional estimated expenses of $9,620 – $11,820 will bring the total cost to approximately $33,620 – $35,820.Your out-of-pocket expenses may further be reduced if you receive scholarships or employer-provided adoption benefits. Exhibit A of our contract lists all fees and estimated costs for the Haiti program. Please call (970-663-6799) or e-mail Renae Kennedy, email@example.com, with any questions.
Visit our Waiting Children Page
Start Your Adoption Inquiry Today
Haiti Adoption Program Details:
- Program Cost will range from $32,620 – $34,820
- Children available will be infants and older children
- At least one adoptive parent must be over 30 years of age.
- Only 2 trips to Haiti are required