Just as each snowflake is frozen, unique and a gift from heaven, so are each of our Snowflake Babies. We hope to help each donated embryo grow, develop and live a full life.
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions pioneered embryo adoption in 1997 with the creation of the Snowflakes Embryo Adoption Program
- Over 400 babies have been born to their adoptive parents through successful Snowflakes placements
- Over 1,000 families have donated their remaining embryos through Snowflakes (sometimes referred to as leftover, excess, unused embryos)– allowing them to choose the family for their embryo gift
- Embryo adoption is a low-cost adoption option, allowing you to experience pregnancy and give birth to your adopted child
- Unlike other programs, Snowflakes has embryos available for adoption now
- There are now well-over 600,000 embryos in frozen storage in the United States. Will you choose to donate? Will you choose to adopt?
Everything changed for the Erikssons when they discovered embryo adoption and finally got to see a positive pregnancy test.
What happens when a couple doesn't use all of the embryos they created through in vitro fertilization? Legal battles between couples like Sofia Vergara and her ex-fiance, Nick Loeb have helped shed some light on the topic.